Monday, October 4, 2010

Back2Back Mission Trip....now on to Nigeria!


As many of you know I went to Monterrey Mexico with a family group from our Church this June. It was the most amazing time of my life and I left my heart in Mexico with all the wonderful children. The fact that we got caught in Hurricane Alex only added to the experience, appreciation, and realization of an area in need of love and support! I have been blessed to be going back to Monterrey over Thanksgiving with a group from Iowa. Thanks to many of you my trip was funded 100% down to the dollar. It is amazing to me how God provides and I thank you all for your prayers and support.

Through the Monterrey Mission trip in November I will be going on another Missions trip with Back2Back Ministries (for more info check out their website at www.back2backministries.org) , but this time to Nigeria. When presented with this opportunity to join the trip to Nigeria I initially was not convinced it was something I really wanted to do. Mainly because of the cost, but as I prayed about it in the next several days God keep bring to my heart Comfort vs. Character. The more I prayed the more I realized I was choosing Comfort over Character, so I agree to join Back2Back during my sabbatical and spend 2 weeks in January. It is a very small group (4-6 of us) and we will be in Nigeria Jan. 3-14, 2011.

Now, all I need is the money to get there. We will be involved in fundraisers to earn money, however, I will need sponsors. Right now I am looking for people to sponsor me for $20 toward this once in a lifetime experience. This will go towards my Back2Back mission fees, VISA, donations and Plane ticket to Nigeria. However, I realize that this amount may not be possible, so any amount that you might be able to give would be greatly appreciated. I am currently taking the 2 trips mentioned above, also I will> be leading another trip to Mexico next summer, and God willing headed back> to Monterrey with PCC next summer. Since there are several different trips Back2Back has asked me to help keep track of the donations for them. If you are sending a check, please make it out to Back2Back Ministries or to me and I will forward the money onto them...if you would like my mailing address please email me at princessrk23@gmail.com and I will send it to you. (I didn't figure it would the best thing to post my address on a public website) :-)

I understand that some will feel more comfortable just sending a check directly to Back2Back if this is the case just make sure my Name is in the Memo line so they know who it is for.

The Mailing address is:
Back2Back Ministries
P.O. Box 70 Mason, OH 45040

I believe that with prayer and God's help my financial need will be met.
In addition I am currently donating all my earnings from Scentsy sales to my> mission trip from now until October 31st. Just go to my home page https://rashellkinard.scentsy.us/Home and click on the "Buy from party" Next to the Monterrey Mexico Party or Nigeria under Open Parties. All free items> earned from this party (full sized warmer, bar, and Hanging fresheners are already prizes) will be raffled off to people who participate. I will continue to update this event as fundraising opportunities are announced. I will do the first raffle the end of October and for Nigeria the raffle will take place the end of December

Please pray for me as I prepare for this mission trip and while we are there. Pray that people will see the love of Jesus through us and will be touched in some way. My prayer is that these trip prove to be life changing for the people of Monterrey and Nigeria even more than for myself.

Thank you for letting me share with you what will be one of the most meaningful experiences of my life. If you cannot help in a financial way, please help support me with your prayers. I mainly want to share this season and what God is doing in my life. I will keep you updated as events continue to unfold and thank you so much for your prayers and support!

In His service,
Rashell

Many have ask how much money I am trying to raise and I just got the following email
from Back2Back:
For your 10 day trip, the B2B fee is $1357.50 per person and includes everything while you are in Nigeria (one night hotel cost, housing, fo...od, projects, insurance, and ground transportation). In addition to that is your airfare, any immunizations you need, your Nigeria visa, and any personal spending money you want to bring. Currently, airfare from Cincinnati, Ohio is about $1300.

No comments: