Sunday, November 28, 2010

God Has No Limits!


Day three and we headed to a swatter village called Catereyta this is a day I don't even know how to put into words. It is one of my favorite days, but it is the day that breaks my heart the most! At 15 years of age I was worried about high school petty drama while these teens have 2 or 3 kids. One of the girls didn't want to come into the church and as her friend was trying to talk her into it I went and put my arms around her and asked her to join us. As I watched her it just touched my heart that she got food for her kids but not for herself! During the course of the day she asked me to take a picture with her son for her to have....I just love loving on these people!

You are probably wondering what that story has to do with the picture of the girl...well that is Luisa! Lusia is a little girl I support in Mexico and I could just write an entire story on how that came about, but I will save that for another day. Let's just say God had a plan. When we arrived at Catereyta we walked into the church and Rodo asked me if I remembered Lusia. Of course I gave him a look like he was insane and told him yes I remember Luisa! He said well she told me to tell you hi! I said well give her a hug for me when you see her since I won't get to see her this trip. Rodo asked me why I was so negative, you might see her today you might see her tomorrow. We exchanged a few more questions and I kind of let it go. As we got on the bus to leave that day I processed what Rodo had said and realized I had put God in a box and had many expectations about the trip. I was able to let those go and just fall asleep on the bus. We were eating that night at Pollo Loco and as I got off the bus Rodo got out of the truck and asked me "Rashell do you believe that God has no limits?" I looked at him and said of course thank you for teaching me that lesson today. He told me that he was glad I answered that way he said look inside and see who is there.....when I looked in the window there sat Luisa and I got to share dinner with her. It was such a blessing. I would have been happy that she has just told me hello, but Rodo had went the extra mile and made sure that we got to spend the dinner together. I told Rodo that he made my year it was a very special moment and not one that I will soon forget. I love that God has no limits!

No comments: