Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blessed to be an American!

I was spending my after lunch time looking through Facebook updates and it broke my heart to see some of the posted that people have put up there. I realize that most of the people that are posting have never left the country let alone spent time in a 3rd world country. I didn't grow up rich but I never went without and I can say that I never went WEEK let alone months without meat. My day doesn't consist of planning my one and only meal for the day. Most of the people if they do get one meal a day feel very lucky! So it may not make a lot of sense to many people because we have government programs that cloth, feed, and send children to school. Americans many times choose not to eat, get educated, or go to the doctor because of pride not because it isn't available to them.

No comments: