Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President of the United States


In an era where children do not include "one nation under God" in the pledge of allegiance at school I must say that I find it rather refreshing to see President Obama close his Inauguration speech "God bless you. And God bless the United States of America." I honestly can't say that I have watched other past president’s speeches, but considering that this is a historic event in American History I did watch this morning as he addressed the nation and the world. Many people don't agree with him and not everything he stands for do I agree with (then again I don't know anyone that I agree with 100%). I think that the Hope he has brought to the nation is amazing. It is hard to believe that around 50 years ago blacks were segregated and now Barack Obama is the President of the United States. It makes me proud to be an American! I pray for his and his family’s safety as he embarks on this great journey to lead our nation in such uncertain times. GOD BLESS AMERICA....let us not forget those words.

No comments: