Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Person


For all you Grey's Anatomy fans you get the the title, but for those who don't your "person" is your best friend. I have a lot of great, wonderful, best friends, but MY PERSON and the girl that has ALWAYS been there for me is Brenda. Who I so fondly call Bren and she returns the favor by calling me Rash if you want to see some funny looks watch when she calls me that in public. We went to college together in Lewiston and then transferred to Pocatello our Junior year. It was really the first time I had been that far away from home and I spent my first holiday away from my parents with Bren, we took a night long road trip to Portland together where I fell asleep and made her drive all by herself. A lot of times I will be driving down the road a a song will come on the radio and the memory of that song includes some crazy thing that Bren and I did in our youth.

That being said we don't get a lot of time together these day as she lives in Virginia and I live in California. We don't even spend a lot of time on the phone since our lives gets so busy with her two kids, my dog, work, and throw in the time zone difference sometimes it is near impossible to connect. This week was a long rough one for me and several times during all the stress, crying, and frustration the one person I wanted to talk to was Brenda. I never did get around to calling her, but as I walked Sly to the park yesterday my phone rang and guess who it was. See your person always knows when you need them and even though we don't get to spend the time that we would like being together or talking on the phone nothing ever changes between us. She always makes me laugh even when I want to cry....I want you to know I love you very much Bren! It reminds me that the simplest things in life such as a phone call have the biggest and most lasting impact on our lives.

No comments: