Monday, December 7, 2009

Catch up!

My mom has been very disappointed with me lately because I haven't been blogging. The funny part about that is she knows what is going on in my life I talk to her every day, but to make her happy (because that is what life is all about) I am going to try and start keeping up again.

It has been busy since Halloween it seems like that Holiday sets in motion for all the craziness to begin. I swear that every year I am going to slow down and enjoy the Holidays more, but that never seems to happen.

I made my first Turkey Dinner on Thanksgiving and it was wonderful. I spent the day with a friend and we had a blast cooking. I have really been into cooking a lot lately....so much that I even bought a KitchenAid on Black Friday for a steal. This last weekend I made pumpkin bread and pumpkin pie from scratch. I still need to work on the Pumpkin pie, but at least I am trying. I need something fun to do with beets so if you have a great recipe you can't help but share I would love to hear it. You can only eat so many beet brownies.

Of course the Saturday (ok I got lazy and it was the Sunday) after Thanksgiving the Tree went up.

After Thanksgiving I had a presentation at work that has been a year in the making. It has been a rather controversial project so I was a bit nervous to put it all together and present it. I had been working on it a lot the past month and it turned out to be a really good story. I still pulled a "Kyle" and didn't sleep the night before, but besides that and a minor freak out with my mother I stayed pretty calm. (I can say that now that it is over I am so my Dad's child)

Now I am just coasting until Dec 20th when I go to Arizona to spend 3 weeks with the family. It will be nice to have some time off of work, but until then I have to survive 2 more weeks of work. This will include the company Christmas party and all the activities involved in getting me and the 2 dogs ready to go south. I am sure I will have stories to tell about all of that.

No comments: