Friday, August 13, 2010

Thanks for the Many Blessings!


Today as I walked out of work I thought to myself Why do I always let the "you disappointed me speech" always get me down? Even when I have done everything in my power to not disappoint?
I was asking these questions in reference to my Job, where I had spent the last month working my butt off and I had no more to give. Yet even at the end of the day all that I had wasn't good enough. As I drove home I wondered how I would feel if I didn't realize even though I had disappointed someone at work I didn't let God down? Wow no wonder everyone is so depressed, because no matter how hard you work here on earth somebody is always going to want just a little more.
When I arrived home I received donations for my trip to Mexico, so I sat down right away and got the Thank you cards in the mail. Feeling overwhelmed with love and support with this trip I thought "I get it! This is what it is all about" I forgot all about that speech at work and remembered why I am here in the first place. Working is a means to an end, but serving God is the means to Eternity with him!
It was freeing and I am truly blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. Thanks for the encouraging words and prayers through out this process. Also for taking this journey along side me and seeing where it all leads!

No comments: