Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Day My Dog drove me CRAZY!!

Ok it is not completely the Dogs fault...It has bee a crazy couple of Months! I feel that ever since I mad the decision to spend three weeks of my Sabbatical on Mission trips my life turned up side down. I only have 3 weeks to go and I am so excited to be off of work for 2 months. In that time I am going to get lots of family time and in addition go to Mexico and Nigeria! The newest plan that has been scheduled to my time off is I get to also go to North Carolina to see my Niece Lily. I can not wait! I am a little bummed that I won't get to see my brother, but that is just another excuse to go out there again I guess!!

About 2 weeks ago I was feeling really low and just wondering if this path is really the one God wants me to take or was I doing this purely from myself. I am learning there is a fine line between Crazy and stepping out on Faith....or maybe not such a fine line!!! I am a Control Freak so to turn it all over to God is pretty crazy for me, to only worry about today not tomorrow, to know that if it is his plan he will show you the way. Well on one day I had convinced myself this was not the path he wanted for me mainly because there was no way I was going to be able to afford going to Nigeria and still pay my bills. He always has perfect timing because I came home and got the mail and there was a package from a very dear friend of mine. With Card that in all ways confirmed I was on the right path and a book called "Jesus Calling." This book as a reading for every day and it has become my guide book...each day I have read a passage it has been calling me out on the struggles I am dealing with! This week it was so amazing because something I had been harboring for months I was confronted with head on!!! It couldn't have been more plain to me what Jesus was saying even if he would have hit me over the head with a baseball bat! The amazing part of this story is once I let go and did what God was saying he gave me what I wanted....specifically hours after I had done it. It is so easy to forget that even though his path doesn't seem easy if we would just let go and let him guide the way it would be perfect!

I don't know where this journey is going, but I am excited to be on the ride of my life!

No comments: