Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Losing my Small Town Innocence....

It has proved to be one of the most interesting weeks of my life. Monday I had forgot my driver's license and ATM card at my house and needed it for my doctor's appointment that afternoon. I wasn't sure I would have time to swing by my place on the to the appointment so I drove home at lunch and let the dogs out really quick. At the time nothing seem odd, but when I came home that afternoon things changed. I noticed my blinds were open when I went to my bedroom and thought it was out of place and then when it finally hit me that my window was also open I turned around to see my jewelry box empty with all the drawers on the floor. I grabbed my phone and ran outside to call the police. Well not to go into all the details but they think that I may have interrupted them when I went by the house at lunch. They didn't make it past the bedroom...they took all my purses, jewelry, and my camcorder. It still gives me the chills just writing down what happened. No body was hurt and they didn't do anything to the dogs. Now I am looking for a bigger dog....no disrespect to my babies but they wouldn't scare anyone off they would just make friends with them and I have a security company coming to put sensors on the doors and windows. Growing up in Pierce it is difficult for me to imagine that even in a safe neighborhood where I live that this is necessary. Again such a blessing it was just material things and nobody got hurt!

No comments: