Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Daughters Laugh!!

Just when I think I am through wondering why I do what I do I hear infectious laughter come from my daughter's room. Her and her dad are upstairs doing whatever it is that makes her giggle from her belly. I have been praying a lot lately about my future where it will take us and was reminded today by a friend that my prayer is flawed. Instead of praying for God to remove the obstacles I should really be praying for strength and guidance to conquer the mountain I need to climb to get to the other side. A different friend encouraged me with this "God has everyday planned out for us. Why fret and worry about tomorrow if it is all planned out anyway? EVERY DETAIL of the day is already planned." I am not in control God is, yes he allows me to make my own decisions but he wants me to chose to follow him and let him be in control. He will not force his will on me he wants me to ask for his will and let him take control of every situation. Why do I find that so hard to understand? So many times thinking I know more than God does? I am reminded daily of just how awesome of a God I serve at 37 I never thought I would have a child of my own and he stepped in and said see what I can do? She is my joy! Also a reminder that we shouldn't put God in a box...I am guilty of this everyday. I pray for God to give me the strength to overcome and not run away. "The harder the conflict the more glorious the triumph." With God on our side we will have that triumph!!

No comments: