Friday, February 13, 2009

OLD FRIENDS!!!

I wrote in my last post how Facebook was reconnecting me with old friends and among the pleasant surprises one hit home more then most. When I was in college I spent my summers working at the local plywood mill to earn money to go to college....it was hard work!!! The money was awesome and several of my friends from High School also worked at the mill. So we worked hard then we played hard. A lot of times I really hated working at the mill, but now I look back on those times with fond memories. Which brings me back to my story....I was searching friends and found Lydgia Anderson (now Jarvis). We used to play basketball against each other in high school and worked together at JayPe (pictured above...or at least the log yard is). When I was looking at her Facebook profile I saw she lived in Redwood City...how crazy is that? Idaho girls relocate within 10 minutes of each other. It was really cool to sit down with her and her daughter at lunch today. I really enjoyed catching up and talking about old times. The last time I had seen her she was my Sophomore year in college. She has been in the area for 7 years and I have been here for a little over 5 years and we never crossed paths. She even stops by my church everyday to drop a friend's daughter off at the church after school program....what a small world we live in!!!

No comments: