Saturday, March 14, 2009

How Time Flies....

Well it has been a long time since I got on here and updated everyone with what is going on in my life. The past two months at work have been very challenging as the project that I am working on filed an IND submission to the FDA this last Friday. What that means for me was several reports (5 to be exact) that needed reviewing, revised, reviewed again, justified why the results were interrupted the way they were then revised and reviewed again. Getting final signatures two weeks ago which was only 2 weeks behind when they were originally suppose to be done. Through all of this I learned a lot, about myself, my coworkers, and just how everyone on that team came together and really supported one another to make it all come together. It was a lot of hard work, but something I am actually really proud of.

Just as I thought things at work were starting to settle down this last week we got new that Genentech (the company I work for) and Roche (our Swiss counterpart) agreed to a merger. I am really sad about this because I really like the company I work for as it is. We were not in any kind of trouble...Roche just got Greedy and wanted to make more money off GNE then it already does. The part I really have a hard time with is not knowing what will happen next. I had found myself in a very unique situation considering the economy. I really haven't had to worry about job security....well until this week. It puts life in an entirely new perspective. I will be ok no matter what happens, but just not knowing really drives me crazy. It is very unsettling and there are so many people going through it. So it will be interesting to see what the next few months bring.

No comments: