Sunday, April 18, 2010

I am going to Mexico!!

I am so excited to be going to Mexico not for a vacation but on a missions trip the end of June. Twenty 28 people from my Church are going with Back2Back ministries to Monterrey, Mexico to serve 10 orphanages. This is something I have always wanted to do and never made the time for. Beth Guckenberger who serves with her family in Monterrey, Mexico came to our church and spoke. She told us of her journey of being a full time missionary and her story along with countless others she spoke of touched my heart. I walk out that Sunday and purchased her book called Reckless Faith Let Go and Be Lead. I came home and as many other books it set on my table waiting to be read. One night I picked it up and couldn't put it down as the tears rolled I read until about 2am when I realized I needed to be at work the next day. Her speaking and this book really touched my heart, but the few times I had tried to go on a mission trip it just didn't work out. Within a few days I received an email from my Youth pastor Tony and it was so random that the last paragraph of the email was about going to Mexico on a missions trip and to contact Dain for information. Well at the time I had only met Dain once and it was in a large group of people, but I emailed him and asked if there was still room on the trip. Long story short it all worked out there were many hiccups along the way and I could have walked away and not made the effort. I didn't God has touched my heart for these Children and I am so excited to go and serve them, bless them and do what ever God leads our group to do.

More to come as the trip gets closer we will be leaving June 26th and returning July 2nd...please keep this trip in your prayers. If you want to know more about the organization check out the website at http://www.back2backministries.org/

No comments: